Grigol Robakidze University was the first who initiated and established the Academic Quality Management centre in 2001. It should be admitted that the Law of Georgia on Higher Education issued in 2005 obligates universities to have such a service.
The centre was established within the framework of the project of European Union –Tempus TACIS and was practically realized at Grigol Robakidze university by help of our partner Nottingham Trent and Lund universities.
Meticulously done job performed by the centre resulted in implementing the European system of learning/teaching, assessment and credit transfer (ECTS).The centre highly appreciates support received from the partner universities and expresses gratitude to all participants of the project: Mr. Colin Love Mrs. Jack Stevens, Mr. Jan Hellberg. Special thanks to Mr. Trevor Cartledge who personally participated in the process of formation of academic programmes and assessment system.
In 2005 the centre was renamed as Centre of Academic standards and Quality management.
Goals and duty
The Main goal of the centre is to work out academic standards, provide monitoring on the process of its realization.
Consequently the centre:
- Proceeds working on establishing the academic standards of high efficiency.
- Organizes the process of studying and sharing teachers’ experience
- Sets the innovative techniques in learning/teaching
- Supports professional development of the teaching and scientific staff
- Analyzes the process of student development and supports creating structures necessary for their development
The Managing body of the centre is the Committee of Academic Quality Management presided by the director.
The centre operates in three different offices
- Professional development office
- Learning/teaching office
- Inner accreditation office
Experts working for the centre provide consulting services to the university staff and all interested applicants
The director is Mogeli Shengelia – assistant – professor. He is a Grigol Robakidze university graduate. He worked in the Ministry of Economy of Abkhazia, then he was a dean of the faculty of Business and Economy, participated in the working process of consulting and organizing board within the framework of EU project.
At the Centre of Academic Quality Management Professional development office is functioning. It aims at monitoring and supporting the process of raising professional skills of the teaching and scientific staff.
The programmes have different directions:
- Critical thinking and active learning at the institutions of higher education
- Developing informative – technological skills, skills for utilizing library resources
- Using Computer technologies in teaching
Fill the online application form if you find our programmes interesting.