It’s enough to mention even several facts:
- According to the research of the UNESCO International Institute of Education Management, Grigol Robakidze University is among the top five higher educational institutions of Georgia in terms of the employment of students.
- It is significant that not only graduates, but also students easily meet the demands of the labour market. If we follow the statistics, we’ll see that over 30 % of upper level (year) students are already employed. Moreover, in the inner contest of companies they show better results than other candidates. To prove this idea, we’d like to mention III level student of Business Organization and Management programme Bakar Verulashvili who won I rating place in the contest held by the Bank of Georgia where 150 other candidates participated. He immediately started to work there. And this is not the only case.
- Georgian Government discussed the issue about the results of the certifying exams passed by medical students. The meeting confirmed that the graduates of the Faculty of Medicine of Grigol Robakidze University won the first rating place according to the level of knowledge and the number of received state certificates. It’s also noteworthy that the first 98 and 99 points were fixed among the graduates of our University.
What is the base for achieving such results?
- The newest teaching technologies – case methods, master classes, modeling methods, the system of working on projects, discussion methods, interactive and presentation methods of delivering lectures, etc.
- High-qualified professors. The great majority of them are well-aware of modern teaching methods what is proved by certificates issued by local and international centres of professional development.
- Universal modern material-technical resources:
- Criminalistics Laboratory Centre - equipped with the newest technique, among them FBI apparatus. This laboratory is unique in Georgia. Students from other prestigious higher education institutions also come to study here.
- TV Studio – established in 1998. It is also equipped with the newest technique. On its base was established the Creative TV Studio which is still unique in Georgia. Over 50 programmes, films and productions of other genre were prepared in this Studio during 10 years. Some of them are laureates of different festivals. In the creative TV Studio students master various professions – auto journalist, TV producer, auto reporter.
- Linguistics Centre where students of the English Language and Literature programme work independently to develop linguistic skills.
- Computer Centre where student of the School of Business and Management, unlike the students from other schools, master special programmes to accomplish banking, accounting and managerial operations.
- Simulation Training Laboratory Centre for dental students which was established in 1997 and is still unique in Georgia. In this Centre students master the skills necessary for dentists on phantoms i.e. dolls. They will develop these skills in the University Dentistry Clinic while working on patients. The clinic is situated on the first floor and occupies 500 square meters.
The School of Medicine also has other laboratories, laboratories of chemistry, biophysics, histology, anatomic museum, preparation-experimental suite.
- Comfortable library with over 20 000 books and digital units, equipped with the computer park and other audio-visual technique.
- The University is distinguished for high level academic programmes which are compiled together with European partners and are recognized by them. International programmes give additional opportunity to become competitive on local and international market.
What do international programmes imply?
The University is implementing several types of international programmes:
One more programme is worth mentioning – Business Administration – Energy Management Concentration. This programme which is prepared at the University won the USID contest. Its preparation and implementation is fully financed by USAID. Thus, the students who are enrolled in this programme have to pay 60% of the tuition fee; the rest is financed by USAID.
Social and encouraging programmes. Considering the economic conditions of the country, the Univeristy is offering you unprecedented social and encouraginf packets. See details here …